The Y-Preneur course can bridge gaps in many ways, but one of the main ways it can do this is bridging gaps between business education and business in practice.
It can be difficult to show young people what business is really like through a classroom based course, but through a range of activities, tasks and also through collaboration with local business owners, the Y-Preneur course does just that!
With more practical experience, reflecting real-life situations – as well as interaction with existing businesses, young people are able to make a better-informed decision as to whether business is truly a career option for them.
The course also meets or supports the meeting of the following Gatsby benchmarks:
- Learning from career and labour market information.
- Addressing the needs of each pupil (through personal passion finding and variations to the course offered)
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.
- Encounters with employers and employees.
- Experiences of workplaces (by encouraging students to approach the appropriate organisations for work experience opportunities)
- Personal guidance.
The course is also a useful PSHE resource and can be worked through in segments through a school term.
If you are interested in purchasing the Y-Preneur course for a number of students at your school or educational setting, please get in touch with us. If you are a parent, teacher or educational support worker who would like to purchase the course for an individual, you can do so here
If you have any questions or queries about the course, please contact us